Laserix was founded by Prof. Pierre Ravussin, physicist engineer from the Federal Institute of Technology of Lausanne (EPFL), and Key Opinion Leader (KOL) in the field of lasers, Dr. Gilbert Mouthon, Professor at the Ecole Nationale Vétérinaire de Maison Alfort (France) and Mr. Claude Daenzer (†).
Laserix SA is specialized in the development and manufacturing of lasers for veterinary and medical applications. Cartilex, for the treatment of osteoarthritis in horses and dogs then humans. Following preliminary testing at Ecole Nationale Vétérinaire d'Alfort and Institut of Pathology of Bern University, the use of Cartilex on racing horses with osteoarthritis have started in 2014, generating spectacular results.
The priority is Cartilex, the patented technique to cure early arthrotic articular.
Board of directors
- Prof Pierre Ravussin, president (main shareholder)
- Prof Gilbert Mouthon, veterinary issues
- M. Celine Schmid, business development
- M. Charles Ravussin, Information technologies.
- M. Axel Schmid , EMEA Finance leader
Scientific advisory board
- Pierre Ravussin Cartilex specialist
- Prof Gilbert Mouthon, veterinary and biochimist Dr
- Dr. med. Christophe Rateau, Responsible for the veterinary Cartilex transition to the human medical field.
- Dr. med. Bruno Gerber, senior orthopedic surgeon at Lewisham univerasity hospital, London, Opinion leader.
- Dr. vet. Theo Tschanz, Horse clinic Neugraben SA, Cartilex user expert.
Capital action CHF 665’375.-